Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend recap

Hello, hello!!!!!

Weekend was jam-packed! First I was super sad that I wasn't in D-town at Blissdom. It is apparently a big mommy blogger convention that all my favs were at. I didn't know a thing about it until last week and then suddenly I wanted to hop on a plane and go to SkinnyMeg's b-day party on Saturday night.

However, after reading all the posts today, looks like I didn't miss much in the way of the conference, but did miss out on some seriously fun girl time.

I think Holly is onto something and really should start her own. Totes.

Since I wasn't living it up at Blisdom wearing my fav Kiki La 'Rue dress, I settled for cleaning out my closet and jewelry stash on Friday night. This was when I discovered that new necklace I ordered, well, I already owned it.

#ShoppingProblems
@amcallahan
I generally have a hard time getting rid of clothing and accessories. I'm a stage 5 horder when it comes to that. So I was super proud of myself to let all these pretties go.



I also have a HUGE shoe problem. Huge. I'm always looking for ways to store them. It's as if I can neatly hide store them, then it's ok that I have over 100 pairs. I did some Google research and found this bad boy at Ikea. I think I love it, but have no idea where I'd put it. Also, I know I'll have to put that B together and it looks like it has loss of parts. Oh Ikea, can't you sell preassembled stuff for the same ridiculous cheap price?


We had family in town so Mr. Mister went to the grandparent's to visit his cousin on Saturday. She was super sweet with him and kept trying to share the toys. All he wanted to do was eat them.



The sis-in-law and I took the kiddos out for a little outlet shopping. My favorite part about our outlet, besides the fact they just got a LOFT Outlet (score!) is there is this kettle korn place that makes it hot and fresh right there. They also give out free samples which seem to do the trick, because I came home with a bag. #dietfail


Had some fun with sunglasses. I'm pushing my accessory issues on him - I kid. We only bought one pair. The black ones becuase the aviorts were cute, but were sharp and really for a 4-6 year old and the blue ones, well, they were too Kanye for Mr. Mister and that's not really his style. Yet.

And spring bloomed in my closet after a successful shopping trip at the LOFT outlet and JCP.


Sunday I ran around and returned a buch of stuff I had bought last weekend. That's what I do, I get all caught up in the moment and buy it, then have shoppers remorse and head back in about a week to return it and then find more things I have to have while I'm there. Vicious cycle.

With all the items that got vetoed out of my closet, I visited Clothes Mentor. It is resale shop that buys your stuff from you and pays cash on the spot. I just learned it's a national chain.

I've been only one time before and didn't do as well as I did yesterday. First of all, I only got $40 and spent it all and some back in the store. But yesterday, I got a little over a hundy and walked out the door with all of it! Whoop, whoop. Paid for my shopping spree on Saturday!



Capped off Sunday night with some smut TV. I'm always mesmerized by TLC's My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Who wouldn't love a wedding where the bridesmaids dressed like this?


Oh and it snowed here Sunday. WTF? Where is spring???? 


I sucked it up on the exercise front this weekend. Besides the walking from all the shopping, I did nothing. Not. a. thing. Booooooo!




No comments:

Post a Comment