Friday, September 27, 2013

Goodwill Hunting

Getting a bargain is like hunting. I've never really been hunting, but it's what I imagine hunting would be like.

I love the hunt and strategy behind getting something for next to nothing. On sale + coupon = score!

So a few days ago I decided to go hunting on my lunch break. I normally go to Target to walk around and buy stuff I don't need that's on super marked down clearance, but I'm on a budget these days so I knew I better stay away.

Instead, I decided to head over to the local Goodwill. I hadn't been in ages and thought it was a shopping trip I could probably afford, so why not?! I also need some fall/winter clothing. Last fall/winter I was still rocking my maternity pants to work POST baby.



Holly mother of good hunting finds! Check out this outfit I put together --



Jacket, Kasper ($3.50, it was half price), Limited faux leather skirt ($6), Forever 21 sweater top ($5). I love it. Perfect for winter and a little rockerish. I feel kind of like a bad ass in it.

And then there was this super preppy little number --



Loft jacket ($3.50), button up shirt ($3) and gap skirt ($6).

I've decided skirts are a good addition to the wardrobe as I'm still trying to shirk my body. I seem to be able to go up or down a size, so basically can wear a skirt for three size increments. This gap one is an 8, I normally wear a 10, so it's a little higher on my waist to accommodate. Just be sure to only do this with longer skirts!

I also scored a Talbots jacket ($3.50, another half price score!), Loft shirt ($3), a coach wristlet ($1) and a Vera Bradley little bag ($1).


I felt like a freaking winner! I gave the coach wristlet to a co-worker. She loves coach and I knew I'd never really use it. I felt good giving it to her and see how excited she was. And fun telling her I got it for $1.

Thanks Goodwill for the afternoon pick-me up.

Tip-- Goodwill items all have a colored tag. Each week a certain color is half price, discount of discount clothing, holler!

Happy friday, hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment