Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday, snoozeday

Man I'm tired and I have no idea why. I kind of feel like I'm in a rut and it came on all at once.

Weekend was good, I went for a jog on Sunday morning and the weather was really nice. I did a little over 3 and it felt pretty darn good.
Back to using the watch, MapMyRun = Liar, liar, pants on fire!

We then enjoyed a family day up at Busch Gardens, yay for season passes. Mr. Mister is finally old enough to enjoy more than a stroller ride up there. However, big mommy fail, I didn't bring any shoes for him (he's still not walking) so he got denied from riding any of the kiddy rides. Sorry dude, better luck next time.

Loves to always put his foot up, he's done it since birth. 
No shoes needed for the sky ride. 

Too cool for school with Dad's hat. 
Big news here -- I've decided to come out of retirement for another half or TWO. I know, WHAT am I thinking?! Let me explain, turns out I got bit by the bug. Still hate the actual running part, but man what a great feeling when it's over that YOU JUST DID THAT.

There is one locally next month. I'm hoping for cool weather and a good run. And secondly, there is one in College Station (Whoop!) and I think it would be a blast to run through campus. However, we all know registration and airfare is expensive so I set up a donation site to see if I can get some sponsorships, charity, pity, whatever you want to call it to make it happen.

I feel really strange about it, but there is no way I can afford the trip on my own thanks to some recent medical bills (more on that later). And some family members have mentioned helping. My mom is my biggest fan, she basically covered my entry fee as soon as I mentioned this. Aren't moms great?

This is when I wish I traveled for work and had some airline miles to toss at a ticket. Flights are so expensive!

So I guess I better get back on the Half training wagon. If I do the one locally next month, I've got to get on it NOW. Hello long run Saturday, we meet again.











2 comments:

  1. I used Map My Run for a long time too. Then when I was training for a half marathon in the spring I started wearing a Garmin and saw just how far off it was. I was especially annoyed that it had fooled me into thinking I was running faster than I really was.

    ReplyDelete