Monday, April 29, 2013

Ringing in Monday with a weekend recap!

Got some upper body exercise from painting this weekend. My shoulders are so sore. I can't even brush my hair without cringing a little.

See, we live in a condo (never again!) and have a common entrance we share with 9 other units. When we first moved in this area looked spotless.

The condos were new construction and the builder kept the common area looking super nice so he could sell those bad boys like hot cakes. We purchased the last unit and soon after we moved in, the common area turned into slum city.

I have no idea how 9 other until owners can dirty up a place they don't even spend more than 5 minutes in getting from the main entrance to their condo door. It is maddening. Our development also got caught up in the housing bust so we're half developed and scraping by on a shoestring budget. There should be about another 100 units to help share in the cost of landscaping and upkeep, etc. but instead, there are 69 units covering the cost. Shit is tight. 

This means there is no extra money to clean up the mess that is our building hallways. The best quote we got was SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS to paint. I want a clean hallway but I'm not crazy. SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!? 

I couldn't stand it any longer so I recruited my mom and we painted the effing hallways this weekend. And I will cut a bitch if I come home to another two feet of black marker run down the wall. I don't care if you're 6. I'm kidding, kind of. 

So all day Saturday was blown on that and Saturday night was spent doing some grocery shopping at the big Wal-Mart. I put Mr. Mister to bed and the hubs stayed home so I could go solo, it was glorious. I was gone 3 hours and still feel like we don't have groceries. I just enjoyed wondering up and down the isles like I had nowhere to be. It was wonderful. 


I also have big news, I signed up for a HALF MARATHON! (there seems to be lots of yelling in today's post).  I haven't even started C25K but here's to hoping this will be my motivation. The last time I signed up for this bad boy I decided to sleep instead of run on raceday. Stupid. 


I was a lot younger and there may have been a few adult beverages consumed the night before. And while we're being honest, I didn't really train for it. I think 5 miles was the most I ran before raceday. 

Also, my Boston Strong BIC Band shipped today. Super cute and 100% of profits go toward The One Fund. They're limited edition and they really don't slip, go gettch ya one!







No comments:

Post a Comment