Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekend Recap

Hola! Everyone enjoy some Cinco de Mayo fun?


I hosted a brunch on Saturday for some fabulous ladies and themed it up to celebrate. And mexican is my favorite food group after all. I decided to start hosting a brunch so I could see my friends again.

Also, when you have a baby, you the baby becomes super popular and everyone wants to see you the baby. I was noticing every 5 or 6 weeks friends would want to start planning lunch dates to see me and Mr. Mister. We were spending weekends lunching it up, which is great, but also exhausting so I thought I'd bring them all together and party it up with a brunch.

Here's some of the day's decore -

Table decorations - Target $1 Spot // Tablecloth -  Party City
Mustache straws - Walmart // Lil sombrero - Mexico

This is still hanging in the entryway. It's from Target too. I bet it stays up a few more weeks. 




I don't cook, I just don't. I can, but I don't.
You don't have to wash the dust of utensils before you use them to cook. Strange, ha!
So in an effort to be a better wife/mother/human, I also thought this brunch would help me do a little more cooking. So here's some fo the brunch comida-

This did not disappoint. Pinterest goodie served with animal crackers/cookies. 
And I'll take all of this. What I'm on Atkins, it's ok. I kid.
The spread. And this is why I gained 3 lbs over the weekend!
After the brunch I headed over to a specialty shoe store, Point2Running, to get some shoes to start training for my big half marathon. Mostly because I was feeling super guilty for all the food I just ate and motivated to get this running party started. 

They do some 'testing' and fit you for running shoes that are best for your feet. It was the first time I've gone and have to say I think it's worth the trip. I bought a pair of shoes they suggested for me, but I really wanted an obnoxious neon color scheme and my modle didn't come in one. So I bought what they had, not bad, but not what I wanted.

I think they aren't 'fun' enough.
I want neon! Neon pink and yellow! 
So I decided to check online last night and what do you know, way better colors online. Now I have to return them and buy them on Amazon. (Good thing I haven't gone running and used them yet) But I feel like a d-bag for doing that. It's like, hey thanks for helping me out, now I'll go give money to someone else.

And lastly, official DietBet word is I won $59.32, netting about $25 AND some pounds lost. WINNING. I signed up for another one, but did an other in-progress one because we leave for Mexico June 1 and I can't do a  final weigh-in on vaca - are you nuts?!?! So I've got 21 days to loose 4% of my weight. Who is with me? Ready, set, go!



No comments:

Post a Comment