Monday, August 19, 2013

Half ready

Well hot damn, I busted out a little over 10 miles on Saturday morning. Dare I say I could have run more? I think I'm ready for this half marathon that is now only TWO weeks  away.

Ran 10+ miles and lived to tell about it.
I ran at a local park. There's this five mile bike path and if you notice, I didn't quite do the entire loop. Ya see, if I would have run the entire loop and run past my car, I'd have only run 5 miles on Saturday.
I know myself, so right when I got toward the end, I turned my ass around and committed to running another 5. Know yourself and do what you need to do. Apparently the bike/jogging path is right by an Archery range too, nice.

As I ran alone on Saturday morning, I had a lot of time to think. One hour, 47 minutes to be exact. Every time I wanted to stop and walk I just kept thinking nope, you don't need to and you'll feel so much better about this if you don't. It wasn't that I was in pain or out of breath, I was just tired of running and wanted to stop.

So I kept going. And that got me thinking about how far I've come. A year ago I was 2 weeks postpartum and couldn't run a mile if I wanted to. And now, 10 miles like a boss. That's crazy.

So while the scale hasn't moved in months, I'm happy with this non-scale victory and how far I've come.

PS- I've gotten hooked on HBO's The Newsroom. Watched the first 6 episodes of season 1 this weekend. So good!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm still stuck at 4.5 miles! Reading about others in a similar place does help boost me along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4.5 miles is good! I'll be honest, its so mental for me. Once I can run 4 miles, I know physically I can run 10. Try slowing your pace down and see if you can do more. Good luck!

      Delete