Friday, August 2, 2013

A Disney Cruise

Yes, I've been back for almost 2 weeks, but have been lazy on posting. I call it a vacation hangover.

Well I a nutshell, the cruise was awesome and I HAVE to tell you all about it. Really the most awesome vaca I've ever been on.

And just for comparison sake, not to brag, but so you don't think all the other vacations have been stay-cations, here's a list of vacations I've been on during my adult life:
  • Japan
  • London
  • Hawaii
  • Bahamas (all inclusive)
  • Mexico
  • Punta Cana (all inclusive) 
And this was hands down, the best trip. Alaska was awesome, but the greatness of the trip had a lot to do with the big mouse. I am in no way a huge Disney fan. Cool if you are, but I'm not. I mean, I like Disney, but am not a Disney freak. With that being said, I had and amazing time on the Disney cruise.

Disney is the big cheese of making sure you have a wonderful experience from start to finish. And it is just that, an experience.

This means the boarding process up until you leave that cruise terminal to go home is seamless. There were 18 people in our group, herding cats ya'll, and we managed to not have a single mishap.

Getting ready to get on the boat, lets get this party started!

The service was top notch and staff went out of their way to make sure you felt special. I was really impressed by this. The kid clubs and activities were loved by all the kiddos in our group. Like they didn't want to ever leave. I have an older nice, 18, and they even have an 18-21 year-old group. She meet some peeps from all over the world and had a ball.

Adult activities for us older kids were endless too. There were even places to escape from all the kids with an adult only pool, coffee shop, bars and a cafe. I didn't get to take full advantage of the nightlife, I went to be early with Mr. Mister all but one night.

But everyone else in our party said the shows were spectacular and the Hubs had a good time having some adult beverages with the guys at the Cadillac Lounge. He also went to a late movie one night and got to watch the Loan Ranger (just came out) in the onboard movie theater.

There are entire blogs and websites dedicated to tips and tricks so I won't reinvent the wheel here. I will pass along the website I liked most when we were planning our trip, THIS ONE. Lots of good tips along with ways to save.

The first few days were spent at sea. The ship had endless activities to do and if you were board, it was your own fault.  The third day we went into Tracy Arms to see a spectacular glacier. Here are some pics.



That evening we did fancy adult only dinner at the Palo restaurant.

Brothers + their wive and my oldest niece. 

Me and Hubs


That next day was our first port, Skagway and we only did one excursion here. I would tell you to do at least one at every port. Without it, you go look a the same jewelry and souvenir shops you just looked at in the last port.

My mom and oldest niece did a helicopter tour to a glacier and it looked pretty amazing. My aunt and uncle did a helicopter ride out to a dog sled place and then went dog sledding. They said it was out of this world. Both expensive, but put them on your list.

As a group we did the train ride and then panned for gold. It was fun and the train ride was worth the money. We got to see spectacular views and got some fun photos like this one...


Group shot, with half the group. 
Panning for gold
Me and my momma.

Back to panning for gold. We're gonna be rich!

Looks like Mr. Mister has gold fever too!

Quick stop at um, some place.

Back on the boat and onto the next!

The next two ports we just went around town and hung out on the boat while the rest of the crew did excursions. My photo taking seemed to be nonexistent but it was truly a glorious time and wonderful to spend so much time with the family. We all made sure to make it back to the boat in time to have dinner together every night. 

It was fun asking the kids about what they did that day. Their stories about whale watching, lumberjacks  and walking on glaciers still blows my mind. Some lucky kids for sure!

I'm already dreaming about our next one. They do a European cruise ya'll, EUROPE! 











No comments:

Post a Comment