Thursday, January 2, 2014

I'm alive, sort of.

I got kidnapped by the flu and a sinus infection. I have not been sick in ages. It sucks. Sucks.

Basically, I'm sick. And it hurts!

But, I'm on the mend and thought I'd catch you all up on our holiday season. We had a great trip to visit the hubby's family. My mom went with us so we had a blended family Christmas. It was great to have both his parents and my mom there to enjoy Christmas with Mr. Mister. 

But first, before we left for the trip, we enjoyed craft time. 


Finished product. 
The ornaments were such a success and I had a good 1:1 ratio going (1 good one for 1 bad one), that I decided to up the game and do reindeer feet. Boom, reindeer card factory.

Child labor laws? Not in our house! 

 We hit the road Saturday and drove 6+ hours across the state with 3 adults, a toddler and 5lb dog. It was a long day, but all in all, everyone did well. The dog might have won the award for best behaved.

It was great being with the extended family so these two could spend their days playing.






I also enjoyed some good cooking like it was my job. Everything has at least a stick of butter in it. A least. But it's soooo good.
I found Grandma's secret ingredient.
Hubby and I played Santa's helper. Well technically it was a gift from my mom, so Nana's helper. That thing was kind of a B to put together. Beware of the supplemental instructions.


But it was worth it, because he LOVED it. 

They may have both loved it. Time to learn how to share. 
Good thing there were a bazillion other gifts to distract them both.



AND then Santa came the next morning. More toys, oh, yay!


Over to the other great grandmas for Christmas fun.  More toys.


We had to come back Christmas day. Hubby had to work the next day. And we came home to more toys... oh yay.


And now our living room looks like this. But that's ok. We'll find a home for it all some where. He is most certainly loved.


  

All in all it was a great trip and a great holiday season. Hope you all enjoyed yours as well and were able to spend it with love ones.








No comments:

Post a Comment