Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday is going to come early this week because I know you all are going to be too busy shopping and eating to read the blog.

So who's excited about Black Friday?! Duh, everybody!

Hope you all plan on shopping 'till you drop. I'm going out and saying out waaaaay past my bedtime. It beats waking up early.

In the spirit of good deals, I thought I'd share a few frugal look-a-likes I've found.

First up, this beloved Kendra Scott necklace. I love it. The tassel mostly.


So when I was in Dress Barn the other day and came across this little beauty, I was sold. I don't normally shop there, but go in and look every now and then. They have some pretty good work stuff and run a decent sale once in awhile. In fact, the entire outfit I wore (besides jeans and shoes) for family photos, was from Dress Barn.

So this necklace, yeah, it's not exactly the same, but similar in style. And, it was $20, but you can sign up for email and or text and get 20% off full price purchases. If you do want the Kendra Scott version, she's offering 20% off and free shipping for Black Friday.


Dress Barn look-a-like

Next up, are you ready for this? The beloved J.Crew vest that is sold out and going for ridiculous amounts on eBay that every fashion blogger seems to own, you know, this one:



Well, well, well. What did I spy in the window of Coldwater Creek as I was driving by? Yet another store I NEVER shop, but it caught my eye and I pulled my car over and went inside to take a look at this very similar one that is a lot less. Sure, it doesn't have the pocket outline, but other than that, identical and $89, but 40% off and free shipping. You are welcome. 


Now for some Etsy goodness... I love Kendra Scott and here is another necklace I've been wanting. Well, hop on over to Etsy and get it for $15. 



I LOVE Etsy.
Tip: Type in "designer name inspired" to find designer look-a-like goodness. 

If you don't like to order online, NY&Co also has a similar one. It's $27 but they always have some sort of sale and coupon going on. 


I have also found a few Stella & Dot looks on Etsy. Latest being this one - 



And here is a similar one on Etsy for $10 



2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm going to the mall to buy that vest asap. Love! I've been wanting that from J Crew forever. Thanks for find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love all of your frugal alternatives to the expensive items. I'm sold on the NY&Co necklace, they have the best stuff! Happy Thanksgiving and happy shopping girl -- enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete