Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Shopping hangover

OMG- I shopped and then shopped some more. And then played the return game after buyers remorse set in. And then I shopped some more online for cyber Monday. I've got problems. Real shopping problems.

I did, but also did not like that all the stores opened so early this year. It was nice that I didn't have to pull an all-nighter, but at the same time, took a little of the fun away and I don't know about you all, but it wasn't nearly as crowded or crazy as normal. Maybe that's why it wasn't as fun?

Thanksgiving was kind of ho-hum this year. Hubs had to work, family didn't come in town so it was just me, my moms and Mr. Mister. We went to GOLDEN CORRAL to eat dinner. Sounds super pathetic, but it was crowded and crazy good. Um, they not only have soft serve, an amazing dessert bar but also chocolate fountains!

Cutest little turkey.
I turned to Pinterest for a little Thanksgiving outfit inspiration and put this together-


After our meal, we went to visit the hubs at the fire station and kill time before shopping begain. I met my MIL at the station to give her Mr. Mister for the night so I could shop like it was the only way to get into heaven. It was glorious. Not only did I get to shop but I also got to SLEEP IN the next morning. Woohoo, Christmas came early this year ;)




My mom and I headed to the outlets to grab some good deals at Loft (50% off), Ann Taylor (60% off), J.Crew (50% off) and Coach (50% + 10%). We then did the Kohls, JC Penny, Target circuit.

I never did make it to WalMart. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. There was a $15 trash can I kind of wanted, but that was it.

Black Friday shopping haul. That TP was the only thing I needed. 

I have already returned about half of what I purchased and have a few more items I'm going to take back. I just get so damn excited and in the moment that I NEED that sweater and shirt but then get home am all, "I don't need this, but I do need that $40 back in my bank account!" and thus begins the return cycle.

Speaking of returns, I had it out with The Limited yesterday and we broke up. I purchased a purse 75 days ago and found one at Coach I liked better over the weekend. So I went to return it yesterday and they have a 60-day return policy. It's not anywhere to be found on the receipt, but in small print on the counter, covered up with another sign. Whatever, fine. Don't give me my money back. But they wouldn't even let me exchange it and/or get store credit. Can you believe that?

I got a little crazy lady and asked to speak to the manager. It did not help my case. I said shitty one too many times and then called and canceled my store card on my way home. Take that, Limited.

On the exercise/running front, I ran Thanksgiving day, did a 5K all by myself because I missed the Turkey Trot that morning. It was nice and a good run. I then counted shopping as my cardio the rest of the weekend and didn't run again unitl last night. Again, I did a 5K. BUT, today I need to do 5 miles, tomorrow 8, Thursday 5, Friday, 3, Saturday 2 and then Sunday just THIRTEEN POINT ONE. Yup, the half is THIS weekend. Oh my. I fly out Friday afternoon to head to Texas.



And it's beginning to look like Christmas in the casa de Callahan! Our little tree is small, but I love it. So easy and out of Mr. Mister's reach.



He LOVES to vacuum. 











No comments:

Post a Comment